You must spend a day driving this magnificent trail. The scenery is spectacular and reminiscent of Scotland. There are many amenities along the route. The drive is approximately 7hrs (including stops for sightseeing and lunch.) When you return home be sure you plan to sit on the waterside deck to enjoy the view.
see brochure at the Cape Breton Highlands National Park.
- Baddeck Ceilidhs, come enjoy Scottish music at its finest, every night except Sunday 7:30-9:30pm at St. Michael's Hall.
- For a listing of Cape Breton events see www.capebretonisland.org
Amoeba Sailing Cruise (you can view this magnificent yacht from the waterside deck. All hands on deck at the Government Wharf for this 2 hour sail. Don't miss it! 295-2481.
The local shops are within a 5-10min walk from the Inn. Don’t miss, 'The Outdoor Store' an excellent purveyor of quality casual clothing.
Glenda Oland 295-3035
- Alexander Graham Bell National Historic Park
( 3min walk from Dunlop Inn)
- Highlands National Park ( on the Cabot Trail, many hiking trails)
- Fortress of Louisburg ( 1.5 hr drive from Dunlop Inn)
- Miners Museum ( Glace Bay, 1.5 hour drive from Dunlop Inn)